Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Dining Room Set :)

Today, I went to Chattanooga with my best friend Jonathan to look at new living room furniture for his new condo that he just closed on this past week. I had recommended him checking out Furniture Row since we had been so happy with all of our purchases there (our living room set and our bedroom set are from there). I had planned on just "looking" at dining room sets to see if there was anything that I liked. I've been wanting to get a set for our dining room but have been having a hard time finding a set where I like both the table/chairs and the matching hutch/china cabinet/server. So, we get to chattanooga and a few hours later, we are the proud owners of a new china cabinet, table, and 8 chairs (plenty of room for friends and family). The best part is that it includes a 20" leaf, so we can leave it small for just us (seats 6) or expand it to make room for 8 people. I FINALLY found a set where I like everything in the set AND is affordable! :)

The best part is that not only did I get $120 off the regular price for the table and chairs, but I also got the china cabinet for HALF price! Yes...I said HALF price :) (can you tell I'm excited???). They had a china cabinet in the showroom that said final clearance and was marked down about $250 off the orignal price. The three display lights aren't working (but we're hoping are an easy and quick fix). I found a few very minor marks on the wood and asked if the clearance price reflected those. He told me he could come down about another $150, but when I went to check out...he discounted it another $100 on top of the other discounts...giving it to us for $500 off!!! I can't wait to get it :) :) I will finally have a place to store and display all of our wedding china, crystal, and a few decorative pieces :)

Here are some pics from the website and the store!!


No comments:

Post a Comment