Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We're Almost Done Painting (We Hope)...

I am making a vow now that as long as we live in this house, we will not be painting a single door again. My mom and I have painted almost all of the door frames and doors. Each one had to be primed and painted on each side. All we have left now is the front door, back door, door coming in from the garage, and the master bath door. My mom has been a life saver in getting these doors done (THANK YOU!!!).

Other than painting, my dad and I tried to get the new bathtub in today, but it looks like we're going to have to re-work some of the pipes and cut some more wall out to get it into place. Hopefully we can get this done soon so that we can get the tiling going in this room.
Here are some pictures from the last couple of days!


The fireplace with a layer or primer...ready for a top coat.


We found more wallpaper :( At least its not as bad as the basement bathroom.


The tub waiting to be installed :)

I had to spray paint all of the door hinges....we chose to do this rather than buying new ones.


One of the new lights installed in the basement!


The new hallway light installed (the one I spray painted in an earlier blog)

Look at all of the patching I'm having to do (upstairs guest bathroom)


My squash is growing :)


Next year I think I'll stick to just a few squash plants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment